Sunday, June 23, 2013

Official

Greetings!

     I would like to start this submission with an image that was the inspiration for the title of this post.
Behold! The coveted telephone booth photo. You're not an official London traveler until you do it!

Today Caitlyn, Prof. Ullinger and myself went to see Buckingham Palace for the changing of the guards at 11:30 a.m.  This apparently happens everyday.  What a production!    



Here's a video of the changing of the guards!
Caitlyn, Prof. Ullinger and myself at Buckingham Palace. Word is, when the Flag is up, the Queen is there. So, it looks like she was there when we went this morning. 





After we visited the palace and were walking towards Trafalgar Square, we saw these awesome cars lining the street. It looks like there was a car show of some sort, so if you're a big car lover, you'll enjoy these photos!

I think this one belongs to the Jetson family.

Our next destination was Westminster Abbey, which provided us a nice view of Big Ben!


Unfortunately, we couldn't go inside the church because there was a service being held, but the architectural design was absolutely beautiful.
 

We walked around some more after visiting the Abbey, in which I proceeded to take around 320 photos. I just couldn't help myself!  Lucky for you, I won't post them all.

After eating lunch at Proper Hamburgers we decided to walk to Piccadilly Circus.  
It reminded me of Times Square in NYC.  What do you think?  

The three of us then walked to Fortnum & Mason, this amazing department store full of tea, coffee, candies, jams, wines, fine china, fudge and loads more! Let's just say we had a great time in there. 

Caitlyn and I then went see this free concert in Trafalgar Square where tons of tents held magicians, face painters and other neat things.  We stayed for some performers and then navigated our way back to Bloomsbury.  

This ends our first official day of sightseeing in London.  Hope you all enjoy!

Lindsay 



1 comment:

  1. Great commentary Lindsay! You have covered a lot of ground in such I short time. I can't wait to read about your time in Cambridge as well. Good luck with the project ahead. I'm sure it'll be fascinating. I love the photo of the three of you.
    Prof. Haldane

    ReplyDelete