Thursday, June 6, 2013

London & Cambridge

I arrived in London yesterday morning and have been quite busy since then.  I unpacked and explored the area around the flats where we are staying (Endsleigh Court) in the Bloomsbury area.  Today, I took the train up to Cambridge and began collecting some data on skeletons from Jericho, which are housed in the Duckworth Laboratory.

Collections in the laboratory:



I am looking at variants on the teeth and the crania to assess biodistance, or, relatively, how closely people from Jericho are related to people at other sites throughout the Bronze Age in the southern Levant.

I am using the yellow plaques on the lab bench (seen below) as a reference for scoring dental variants.  And, I am making molds of the teeth, which I will be able to bring back to the US to use for further research.

This will be my work space for the next week!


--Professor Ullinger

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have better weather than poor Sophie on her trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather so far has been amazing. Blue skies, highs of 70!

    ReplyDelete