Thursday, June 13, 2013

Last week I started my fellowship at the Hamden Public Library. The first two days of the fellowship my fellows and I took a tour of Hamden and North Haven. We visited government offices, facilities, parks, etc. Now I have started my work at Hamden Library. The library has a great summer reading program for kids, but I noticed that there was not much to attract teens and young adults. I decided to create a few YA programs. The summer reading theme is "Dig Into Reading," so the librarians were very excited about my anthropology background! I designed two programs, one about archaeology and one about forensic anthropology (thanks Prof. Ullinger for lending me some bones!). I am running each of these two programs three times (once at the main branch and once at each of the two other branches). I'm excited, but also nervous that no teens will show up - if you know any teens in the Hamden area, let them know about this!
Here's the flyer for my YA programs
I'm set up at the Reference desk here, so in between working on my projects, I answer patrons' questions. We get some pretty strange questions, so the day is always interesting.

2 comments:

  1. So cool Lucy! The poster is terrific, and the idea is wonderful. Good luck, and let us know if you need anything.
    Prof. Haldane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy, this is great! -Prof. Ullinger

    ReplyDelete