Monday, May 13, 2013

London

Hi Everyone!
I am in London at the moment for the first leg of our trip, and it has been quite interesting. My friend and I had a fiasco at JFK airport, I swear we were in a movie. We were definitely those people sprinting through the airport to get to our gate in time. It is freezing in London right now, and we have gotten lost a lot, I guess it really is a learning experience. Today we saw the normal tourist attractions such as Big Ben, houses of Parlinent, Buckingham Palace, the London eye, etc. we also went to the Churchill war room museum. So far I have to admit London has been a disappointment, and we are definitely  ready to get to Amsterdam. Although, like every Europeing country the food is amazing. The most surprising thing about London is how diverse it is. Almost everyone we have randomly selected to ask for directions has never spoken English, and we have heard a bunch of different languages. Anyways, tomorrow will be another busy day in the freezing cold and rain!
-Sophie

1 comment:

  1. I hope it warms up for you Sophie! Don't miss the British Museum.

    ReplyDelete