Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Barcelona, Prague, Euro trip

This was my second time in Barcelona and it definitely has a very special place in my heart. Barcelona is my favorite city in Europe so far. This time the weather was amazing, we even got to go to the beach. The people are friendly, the scene is so young and hip the tapas bars are beyond delcious and it's just a really fun city. Also the architecture is awesome! A lot of the city was done by gaudi and he is very creative. I highly recommend the bus tour, it brings you everywhere that is worth seeing. I can't wait to go back to Barcelona and back to Spain! Hopefully soon!
By the time we left for Prague we were a little bummed because the weather was not going to be as nice, and we are definitely fading a little bit. Despite not being totally excited for Prague, I actually really have enjoyed my stay here. The city is really cool, it is a mix of modern and midevil (if that's possible). You will find horse drawn carriages next to segways. You can see cool dancing and things in the city center next to peoe performing music. It really feels like you are in the midevil times, it is hard to really explain. The people are quite friendly and the city is walkable. I recommend it.
Overall my EuroTrip was a success and I am truley blessed to have gotten the chance to travel in Europe for 2 weeks. I think that this is something that everyone should do at least once in their lives. Europe is cool because you can be in another country so quickly and so easily. It is also cool because the countries differ from each other and the cultures are all very different. If any of you are interested in doing a trip, I recommend St. Christopher's hostels. They are full of young kids from all over the world. Although, if you like your sleep/ space I would recommend getting a single or double room, you definitely don't sleep when in a room with a lot of people. The night life in all these places is hopping too, so it is definitely fun. (Had to say it)
Traveling is so amazing, and it really opens your eyes to life outside of America. Although I am ready to get back into my normal routine, I am so happy I did this trip. You really learn so much, you meet a lot of different people, and get to be apart of many different cultures for a few days. To me there is nothing more exciting than getting to  travel outside of the u.s., it also opens your eyes to a lot of different things, while enriching your brain. Traveling makes me realize how fortunate I am and how thankful I am to have the things that I have.
Anyways! I hope that everyone's summer is going well, and if you have any questions about where to stay, what to see etc if you plan on doing a EuroTrip, feel free to ask! I will try and post pictures once I get back to a computer!

1 comment: